Changes have been made to the following chapters of former Magistrate Power's research materials, including information on the legislative changes to Therapeutic Treatment Orders which came into effect on Friday 29 March 2019:
- Chapter 1 - Acts, Regulations, Rules
- Chapter 2 - Court Overview
- Chapter 3 - Court Operations
- Chapter 4 - Family (General)
- Chaptr 5 - Child Protection (Law applying after 1 March 2016)
- Chapter 7 - Criminal Division (General)
- Chapter 8 - Criminal Investigation
- Chapter 9 - Custody and Bail
- Chapter 10 - Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 11 - Sentencing
The research materials contain comprehensive legal information on the jurisdiction and operation of the Children’s Court of Victoria.
The 12 chapters have been compiled specifically for legal professionals, social workers and other professionals working in disciplines associated with the work of the Court, and students studying in these areas.
Chapters are published in PDF and Word and open in a new window.
A separate PDF file contains a running list of amendments which have been made to the Research Materials.
Posted 3 April 2019