Melbourne Children’s Court offers work experience placements for secondary students. In some cases, the court also offers placements to tertiary students, particularly those undertaking a Bachelor of Arts (Criminal Justice Administration) course.
Most placements for secondary students are of one week’s duration. However, longer placements for tertiary students can also be arranged.
During a placement students can expect to:
- receive information on the operation of the Children’s Court and in particular, the role of court registrar
- spend time in court with a bench clerk (usually a trainee court registrar) observing Family Division and Criminal Division cases, and
- work in the registry of the court performing general office and administrative duties.
- all placements are subject to availability;
- some placements may be subject to approval by the Principal Registrar; and
- a booking will only be confirmed once the Work Experience Co-ordinator has received the relevant completed and signed application form.
Bookings for 2017
We will be taking enquiries for 2017 from 27th January 2017.
For further information or to arrange a placement, contact the Work Experience Co-ordinator by email at email@example.com.
When emailing to make a booking please include your preferred dates.