Melbourne Children’s Court offers work experience placements for secondary students. In some cases, the court also offers placements to tertiary students, particularly those undertaking a Bachelor of Arts (Criminal Justice Administration) course.
Most placements for secondary students are of one week’s duration. However, longer placements for tertiary students can also be arranged.
During a placement students can expect to:
- receive information on the operation of the Children’s Court and in particular, the role of court registrar
- spend time in court with a bench clerk (usually a trainee court registrar) observing Family Division and Criminal Division cases, and
- work in the registry of the court performing general office and administrative duties.
- all placements are subject to availability;
- some placements may be subject to approval by the Principal Registrar; and
- a booking will only be confirmed once the Work Experience Co-ordinator has received the relevant completed and signed application form.
Bookings for 2017
We will be taking bookings for 2017 from the 1st February 2017. Please email your request after this date.
For further information you can contact the Work Experience Co-ordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.